BSR 2017 registration
Sourcing and innovation for people and biodiversity
1 June 2017, Paris
This year’s themes:
- Inspiration for conserving biodiversity.
New ideas on conserving and restoring biodiversity along supply chains and innovative approaches bringing together protected areas, natural ingredients and improved livelihoods.
- Positive brands: linking people and biodiversity.
The richness of biodiversity, its environmental, social and economic value and the contribution of ethical sourcing practices provide a unique opportunity. How can companies make biodiversity a key element of a positive and strategic engagement with sustainable development?
- Biodiversity as a source of innovation.
A growing number of countries regulated biodiversity-based research and development: Why do rules on access and benefit sharing (ABS) matter and what do they currently entail? Companies will share their experiences in negotiating ABS permits in various countries.
- ABS in the food sector: Unique challenges and opportunities.
Awareness and implementation of ABS remains limited in the food sector. Is ABS relevant to natural ingredients used for food products? How? This session will also explore how ABS can provide a basis for addressing sustainability and equity in supply chains of food ingredients.
Also at the conference:
New insights from consumer research in Brazil, USA, UK, France, Germany
Who should attend:
- R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Sustainability, Marketing, Sourcing departments of cosmetics, pharmaceutical and food companies
- NGOs, Government and International agencies interested in private sector involvement ethical sourcing of biodiversity and ABS
|BSR conference only||BSR conference plus Dialogue*|
|2017 Fees||€ 495||€ 575|
*Includes acces to the Friday morning ‘African policy makers & private sector dialogue’
With the support of: