UEBT Members commit to supporting and following Ethical BioTrade Principles and Criteria by:
- Adhering to the articles of association of the Union for Ethical BioTrade;
- Meeting the minimum requirements laid out in the Ethical BioTrade standard;
- Paying an annual membership fee based on turn-over;
- Committing to the UEBT verification system, including:
- Undergoing independent 3rd party verification against the Ethical BioTrade standard, within 6 months after being granted Approved Candidate status.
- Develop a work-plan to reach compliance with the UEBT standard within 5 years. This work-plan needs to be submitted to the UEBT Secretariat for approval by the committees.
- Commit to implementation of the work-plan, report on the progress made in its implementation, and undergo regular independent 3rd party verification towards completion of the work-plan.
- Commit to continuous improvement once compliance is achieved.