The Verification System
The UEBT verification system is based on the Ethical BioTrade Standard.
In order to gradually implement the Standard in all its operations and prioritised supply chains, a UEBT trading member commits to:
- Developing a Biodiversity Management System – framework of the company’s sourcing practices.
- Establishing publicly available Ethical BioTrade sourcing targets.
- Developing three-year work plans for the gradual implementation of the UEBT Standard.
- Assessing the level of priority of the supply chains with help of the Ingredient Portfolio Assessment Tool (IPA).
- Undergoing independent audits against the Ethical BioTrade Standard every three years.
- Submitting annual reports on progress made.
- Continuously improving the Ethical BioTrade sourcing practices by periodically redefining priorities, undergoing independent verification and updating annual work plans every three years.